Loft Conversions For The London Area
The loft conversion is easily one of the most rewarding of all project types: We transform the dark, void attic space into the brightest and probably the best room in the house. It truly can become the penthouse floor with plenty of natural light and views through full height glazed French doors and Juliet balcony. It can be the quiet retreat, high away from the noise and bustle of a young family below. The loft conversion is the ideal solution for an expanding family, a guest room or indeed a home office. Most loft conversions are permitted development, removing the requirement for planning permission and only need Building Regulations approval. We understand this is a major investment for you, so it is crucial to get it right at the design stage with the guidance and expertise of the specialist. We will explore all design possibilities and importantly never forget you have complete control; the choices are always yours; “it is all about you”.
Looking For A Loft Conversio In London?
Some key design considerations:
- Critically, the new staircase should rise seamlessly over the existing stairs to avoid interruption or loss of space to the existing rooms.
- The installation of a good-sized roof light above the stairwell is essential for good natural light and ventilation to the landings below.
- Roof lights and windows to the front and rear make the most of the sunlight and daylight. And give an overview of the street and rear garden with the added benefit of cross ventilation.
- That all important storage space can be hidden away at the perimeter of the room and at floor level for easy access.
- The design should be individual to the needs of the family and importantly the budget.
- The design should be energy efficient and simple to maintain.
- The mission is a design which achieves the most building at the least cost.
Typical design requests:
- Idea: Can we include some of our own design ideas?
- Balcony: Can we have a balcony with French doors?
- Space: Can we have the maximum space possible?
- Storage: Can we have a good amount of easily accessible storage?
- En suite: Can we have a power shower?
- Sunlight: Can we have the maximum sunlight and daylight?
- Ceilings: Can we have a horizontal/arched/apex ceiling?
- Hardwood: Can we have hardwood floors?
- Eco: Can we increase the energy efficiency and lower our energy bills?
Our answer is usually “yes you probably can”. To get an instant fixed fee quotation complete the contact form on the website or speak to an architect on telephone number 0800 282 267.